UK: London Bridge
Based at our London Bridge office, we’re currently looking to recruit for an Undergraduate Student Placement to join our in-house maths team. You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people, from artists and product owners to other game developers and testers.
What you will be working on
As an Undergraduate Student Placement the main purpose of this role is to work with the product team to create maths models for gambling games (predominantly online and B2 & B3 category betting shop slots). This involves:
· Assisting the in-house mathematicians and developers to create spreadsheets and bespoke coded tools to model the maths for these games.
· Developing game prototypes to develop and refine new ideas.
· Playing and researching games.
· Creatively balancing the games to provide good gameplay experiences, to create profitable and successful slots, and to analyse statistically, categorise and verify the maths.
· Representing the mathematical creation and output for Ash Gaming games to various external companies and internal Playtech sister companies.
· Researching successful slot games, features and balances.
· Drawing conclusions from historical statistical analysis and supervising future analysis on slot statistics, profits, rankings and player behaviour.
Experience & Qualifications:
· Currently studying for a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related technical field with a projected grade of 2:1 or above
· Analytically minded and good knowledge of probability & statistical modelling
· Knowledge of computer programming preferably using C#, C++ or Java
· Ability to work as part of a team and can-do attitude
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Game development engine experience such as Unity or Unreal Engine
· Understanding of Agile Development practices
· Familiarity with Monte Carlo methods and Markov Chains
· Proficiency in Excel formulae
· An interest in computer games
Here at Playtech, we strive to constantly innovate - adding new applications and functionality to our already impressive product suite. You will find yourself working alongside some of the most talented professionals in the industry, with all of them consistently delivering quality work to ensure our brand remains at the forefront of the gaming industry.
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, PaddyPower, Gala, Coral, Betclic, Winner, Betfair, Poker770, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. For additional information on Playtech, and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit www.playtech.com