As a Senior UI Software Engineer, you will be become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our main focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office of over 75 Software Engineers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
Technically, we’re Open Source advocates, always ensuring that we keep our tech stack as cutting edge as possible. Your role as a Software Engineer will be to create and maintain applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is highly desirable and it is essential to have experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms.
• Development of our Sportsbook product and UI applications for back office and customer facing web sites.
• Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
• Designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
• Implementing unit tests.
• Working in an agile development process.
• 5+ years’ professional experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python, C/C++, C#) and web-based technologies (HTML, JS, CSS)
• Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems.
• Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL datastores (e.g. MongoDB).
• Good understanding in client-server architecture and web protocols
• Linux / Unix experience.
• Solid experience with relational databases.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or similar
• Experience of developing applications using non-blocking IO (event loops).
• Experience of Python, Tornado.
• Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
• Understanding of the UI and UX concepts
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, GIMP or similar
• Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
• An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website.
About Playtech BGT Sports
Playtech BGT Sports specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London and founded in 2005, our GenBet product provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management. Playtech BGT Sports has been a part of Playtech since January 2012, meaning that existing and future customers now benefit from the industry leading GenBet product suite, delivered on Playtech's comprehensive IMS (information management solution).
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology. We offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, child care vouchers, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership, 25 days annual leave and more.
We offer the very best working facilities in our London office which includes chill-out areas containing pool table, and games consoles. Our working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.