Based in our Camden Town office, we are currently looking to recruit a Research Analyst to join our Research and Innovation Team. The R&I Team is a well-established team of industry experts within Playtech who have a combined 40 years’ experience working for leading operators and content suppliers. The team is responsible for providing internal research support to product teams and leading innovation within Playtech for all product verticals such as Sports, Casino, Live Dealer, Bingo, Retail, Poker, and delivering solutions under the Playtech ONE Omni-channel initiative.
The main purpose of this role is to deliver research and insight to key stakeholders within the Playtech business. Research will be conducted within the gambling industry but also take place in external industries where related technologies and user experiences are being used. The role also involves working with the team to inform the development of new product, platform and technology concepts, detailing the background and rationale behind new ideas and pitching these concepts to product teams within Playtech.
To be successful for this role you will need to have a good knowledge of the gambling industry and have strong product knowledge. You will need to have excellent analytical and research skills and be a forward thinking, tech-savvy creator. You will need to understand and learn how all products within Playtech operate and interact to a high standard. The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of concurrent projects and therefore need to be able to self-manage their workload and time, whilst being responsive to changes in business priority. We offer guaranteed exposure to leading-edge technology and exposure to a mix of new product development and enhancements.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
- Carrying out quantitative analysis of usage, performance and distribution of Playtech products and features using internal reporting and Business Intelligence systems
- Analysing data using Microsoft Excel and/or other ways of manipulating, presenting and querying quantitative information
- Carrying out competitor analysis both online and in retail environments, including customer journeys, website reviews, product positioning, marketing campaigns and product performance
- Reporting on new developments in the industry
- Develop an expertise of all Playtech product offerings, internal systems and relevant 3rd party systems
- Attend relevant trade shows or other external events when required
- Day to day communication with the wider business – product team members, account management, marketing, consultancy and training teams.
- Maintaining relationships and communication lines with internal colleagues
- Supporting current BAU projects and work streams within Playtech
- Responding to ad hoc requests from all business areas within Playtech
What effect does this job have on the business?
- Ensuring that the information we supply to the rest of the business is data-led, whether about our own products or those of competitors
- Key contribution to ensure we develop market leading products which meets the needs of our business and clients.
- Analytical support for new ideas which will help Playtech continue to be at the forefront of the gaming industry.
· 2-3 years in an analytical/data-driven role
· Ability to grasp new concepts and systems
· 2-3 years in the betting & gaming sector
· Familiarity with data handling & presentation (Excel)
· High standards of both written and oral communication
· Ability to grasp new concepts and systems
· Highly organised and administrative capability
· Ability to prioritise based upon changing commercial pressures
· Persuasive, confident and diplomatic
· Advanced knowledge of the gambling industry and products
Founded in 1999, Playtech has some 5,000 employees located in development centres in nine countries, the majority of whom are engaged in the development and operation of current and future gaming technologies. Playtech develops unified software platforms and content for the online and land-based gaming industry, together with providing a range of ancillary services such as marketing, hosting and CRM services.
Leading gaming applications include casino, poker, bingo, sports betting, live gaming, casual and fixed odds games. Playtech provides licensees with the tools to maximise cross-selling opportunities, player loyalty and yield, all through the powerful management interface - the IMS. The Group's capabilities enable the delivery of an integrated software or turnkey solution, with players accessing online, broadcast, mobile and server-based gaming terminals through a single account.
New licensees include existing online operators upgrading or diversifying their offering, land-based casino groups, government sponsored entities such as lotteries, and new entrants making their online gaming debut, particularly in newly-regulated markets.