YoYo Games is looking for an experienced software tester to join its QA team. We are seeking someone flexible and self-motivated, able to design and carry out testing plans. Experience of automating this testing work is significant bonus.
Videogames industry experience this is preferred, however as the role is for software testing, other software testing backgrounds are also suitable. We are looking for technical testers who are familiar with game development concepts and can understand and debug code. (Note: this is not a games-testing role.)
Excellent communication skills and a high level of professionalism are required, as the QA team covers all products YoYo Games produces and there is tight integration with all other departments within the company.
Experience & Qualifications
· Professional experience of working as a software tester or technical game tester.
· Able to devise and follow test plans.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of game-development technologies.
· Good knowledge of game-development platforms and general awareness of submission/publishing procedures.
· Able to code (Will use GML plus scripting languages, but knowledge of C++, C#, Java, etc. is ideal).
· Willingness to learn new skills and to provide a high-quality result for our customers.
· YoYo Games encourages a good work life balance; however, this role’s responsibilities will occasionally require working evenings and weekends (sometimes at short notice).
• Experience of using GameMaker Studio 2.
• Experience of automated software-testing processes and using recognised industry products for achieving this.
• Experience of AppStore and Google Play game submission procedures and their publishing process.
• Experience of console game submission procedures and their publishing process.
• Experience of website front-end testing.
• Experience of customer support and handling bug reports from external sources.
A bit about the office
YoYo Games joined the Playtech family in 2015. Being based in Dundee, we are thrilled to be at the centre of one of the most beautiful countries in the world, Scotland. The quality of life here is affordable and exciting. We have beautiful cities, vibrant nightlife, skiing, castles, hill walking and beaches all within easy reach of our studio. Dundee has 2 great universities and Abertay is considered one of the top universities to study Games design.
We believe in an open, relaxed and fun environment where creativity and talent thrive and is encouraged every day. From our humble beginnings, we have always ensured that GameMaker was built and developed with usability and efficiency in mind – and that’s no different today. A single code base and a low barrier to entry coupled with a very high skill ceiling mean we accommodate all levels of user, from the hobbyists to the seasoned developers. We then allow all games to run natively across a multitude of platforms including PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, OS X, HTML5, Linux, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT.
Here at Playtech, we strive to constantly innovate - adding new applications and functionality to our already impressive product suite. You will find yourself working alongside some of the most talented professionals in the industry, with all of them consistently delivering quality work to ensure our brand remains at the forefront of the gaming industry.
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, PaddyPower, Gala, Coral, Betclic, Winner, Betfair, Poker770, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. For additional information on Playtech, and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit http://www.playtech.com
As a global orgnanisation, Playtech is proud of its diverse workforce, but we can do better, we actively encourage diversity in our recruitment and employment processes. With a view to supporting our principlesan equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage all applicants
Please note that Playtech do not hold personal details on file and if you wish us to do so please inform us as part of this process.