UK: High Holborn
We’re currently looking to recruit an Undergraduate Student Placement to join our Maths Team as a Junior Developer to work with the team in the development of high quality and compelling casino slot machine games.
What you will be working on
Your main responsibility as a Maths Team Junior Developer is supporting the development of flexible and robust maths models to give game producers the tools, information and data they need to develop successful games. This involves:
• Developing performant game simulations using in-house libraries and tools to validate and test mathematical models and provide statistical data from large sample sets.
• Creating game prototypes to develop and refine unique and exciting new game ideas.
• Authoring technical game specification documents to detail and explain complex models in a concise and complete manner.
• Currently studying a BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Games Technology, or a related degree with a projected grade of 2:1 or above.
• Practical experience of object orientated software design and development.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts in a targeted, understandable manner.
• Development experience in C#, Java, Kotlin or C++.
• Game development engine experience such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
• Practical experience of source control such as git or SVN.
• Understanding and experience of agile development practices.
• Good mathematical competency - especially in probability and statistics.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (VBA, Macros, Data Tables).
• An interest in gaming.
About the Maths Team
The Maths Team is a small team that is filled with highly talented and specialised mathematicians and developers. The game producer will direct what the game will be, and it’s the Maths Teams job to figure out how to mathematically bring that vision into existence.
Playtech has been running a successful placement program for a number of years. We are keenly aware of the benefits of trusting students with real, meaningful work and providing as much opportunity for them to learn and develop as possible – many previous students continue to work for the company after graduating.
The role has scope for learning new skills, depending entirely on your interests – from framework development and game mathematics to game production and design.
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Our portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, PaddyPower, Gala, Coral, Betclic, Winner, Betfair, Poker770, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. For additional information on Playtech and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit http://www.playtech.com