vsGaming are one of many Playtech companies based in the UK and are based amidst the historic and regenerated Ipswich Waterfront.
vsGaming develop and provide market leading Virtual Sports solutions to the gaming sector by combining high end graphics with sophisticated simulations. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of simulation, game engines, media services, web technologies and 3D development technologies, always striving to find the best solutions in the most efficient ways.
At vsGaming we aim to provide the best and most unique content by pushing the boundaries of 3D gaming content and allowing developers to be creative with comprehensive simulations by using latest technologies.
Main Purpose of job
Working closely with the members of the vsGaming team, the Java Developer role at vsGaming will be responsible for development of the Virtual Sports suite of products maintaining high-quality, robust, performance software which meets the needs of our business and clients.
The focus is on large-scale enhancements to the existing Virtual Sports platform, new game engines, application performance tuning and scalability, plus integrations to external systems for new customers.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Working closely with members of the vsGaming team to ensure that they produce the software on time and to budget.
- Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration.
- Technical specification, design and development of new software components.
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
- Maintaining and enhancing existing product code (specifically code which manages the administration and monitoring of our main server code).
- Working with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard.
- Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team.
- Adhere to SDLC process and Create/Maintain documentation to high standards.
- 2+ years’ commercial experience as Java Developer.
- Solid Java experience in either: Java/J2EE development.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a software development methodology and structured approaches to development.
- Capable of working to strict deadlines.
- Good numerical, analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of SQL and preferably Oracle.
- Minimum 2nd class honours degree; plus grade ‘C’ or above A-levels. The preferred subjects are Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Math
- Any formal Java qualifications
- Significant technical contribution to several software development projects using relevant technologies
- 2+ years’ experience as Java Developer
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Extensive Knowledge of SDLC and Basic UML
- Java/J2EE, Object Oriented (OOPS)
- EE, experience of some of the following: Hibernate, JMS, Servlets, JSP
- SVN, Git, Jenkins, Bugzilla, JIRA, Eclipse, IntelliJ, SQL Developer, CI/CD
- Database: SQL/NoSQL, Oracle, others
- Linux/Unix, REST, Web Services, Micro Services, Dockers, XML, JSON, HTML5, Java Script, GWT, Ant, Maven, Gradle, TestNG/Junit
- Experience of any of the following: Apache, Tomcat, Resin, Jetty, Jboss, Nginx
- Gambling/Gaming experience a huge benefit
Why You’ll Want to Work for Us
- Playtech is a world leader within Gambling Industry.
- Playtech has offices around the world working with many nationalities and diverse cultures.
- Training and development at all levels is actively encouraged.
- Opportunity to work in a friendly environment with highly skilled people of all ages.
- Career development, bonuses and reward systems actively used.
- Wide range of benefits including:
- Group pension scheme
- Healthcare after 1 year with the option to add family members, or gym membership.
- Flexible holidays 25 days and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year.
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
- Free fruit and refreshments in UK offices.
- Social get-togethers and events
Here at Playtech, we strive to constantly innovate - adding new applications and functionality to our already impressive product suite. You will find yourself working alongside some of the most talented professionals in the industry, with all of them consistently delivering quality work to ensure our brand remains at the forefront of the gaming industry.
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, PaddyPower, Gala, Coral, Betclic, Winner, Betfair, Poker770, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. For additional information on Playtech, and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit http://www.playtech.com
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology. We offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership and more.
We offer the very best working facilities in our office. Our working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act.