vsGaming are one of many Playtech companies based in the UK and are based amidst the historic and regenerated Ipswich Waterfront.
vsG develop and provide market leading Virtual Sports solutions to the gaming sector by combining high end graphics with sophisticated simulations. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of simulation, game engines, media services, web technologies and 3D development technologies, always striving to find the best solutions in the most efficient ways.
At vsGaming we aim to provide the best and most unique content by pushing the boundaries of 3D gaming content and allowing developers to be creative with comprehensive simulations by using latest technologies.
Job Description & Person Specification:
Main purpose of the job
Working closely with the members of the vsGaming teams, the Front-End Developer role at vsGaming will be responsible for development of the client side portion of Virtual Sports suite of products maintaining high-quality, robust, performance software which meets the needs of our business and clients.
The focus is on migrating and developing new features of Virtual Sports front end components in React/NodeJS and large-scale enhancements to the existing system.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Working closely with members of the vsGaming team to ensure that they produce the software on time and to budget.
- Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration.
- Technical specification, design and development of new software components.
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
- Maintaining and enhancing existing product code (specifically code which manages the presentation of the product to various sources, Web, Mobile, etc.)
- Working with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard.
- Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team.
- Keen to work with the design/UX team to develop an understanding of the product features and requirements.
- Adhere to SDLC process and Create/Maintain documentation to high standards.
- A genuine desire to learn new technologies.
- Very good understanding of responsive web design and knowledge of relevant CSS libraries.
- Broad range of skills across the full stack would be an advantage.
- Experience with REST API’s, System Integrations and Web Socket’s is highly desirable.
- A 2:1 or 1st class honours degree; plus ‘A’ or ‘B’ grade A-levels. The subject should be either Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Maths
- Significant technical contribution to several software development projects using relevant technologies
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Extensive Knowledge of SDLC and Basic UML
- Experience of any of the following: React, Redux, NodeJS, ExpressJS, React Native, Flux, AngularJS, PHP, AJAX, Laravel, Lamp, CSS3 (SASS/LESS), Bootstrap
- NoSQL Databases, Web Services, REST, XML, JSON, Web Sockets, message queues, Socket.io, socket cluster, NPM
- SVN, Git, Bugzilla, JIRA, IntelliJ, PHPStrom, CI/CD
- Experience of any of the following: Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, LiteSpeed, Jetty
- Gambling/Gaming experience a huge benefit
- Knowledge of / an interest in Sports
Why You’ll Want to Work for Us
- Playtech is a world leader within Gambling Industry.
- Playtech has offices around the world working with many nationalities and diverse cultures.
- Training and development at all levels is actively encouraged.
- Opportunity to work in a friendly environment with highly skilled people of all ages.
- Career development, bonuses and reward systems actively used
- Wide range of benefits including
- Group pension scheme with an employer contribution 5% after 2 years and 7.5% after 4 years.
- Healthcare after 1 year with the option to add family members, or gym membership.
- Flexible holidays: basic holiday of 20 days (rising to 25 after 2 years) and option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
- ‘refer a friend’ who is recruited at any UK location we will reward you with up to £1,000.
- Free fruit and refreshments in UK offices.
- Social get-togethers and events
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, PaddyPower, Gala, Coral, Betclic, Winner, Betfair, Poker770, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. For additional information on Playtech, and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit http://www.playtech.com
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act.