UK: High Holborn
About the Role
The Bingo platform supports 50+ bingo sites hosting over 250 unique games/features which run in 1000s of different configurations.
We have customers around the world who play in different languages and under different rules and regulations. We maintain a multitude of games, integrations, admin screens, live monitoring tools and native apps.
This is truly open platform and provides a flexible solution that maximizes player gaming experience whilst minimizing operational costs. Our development unit offers agile environment, welcomes new ideas and technologies, as well as improvements of day-to-day processes and activities. This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking for challenge and experience cooperating in dynamic truly cross-territory environment.
As an organization, we provide white label products which required multi-language, configurable, maintainable, stable, readable, performant and innovative product solutions. These core principles drive our technology choices. Our use of unit tests and automation ensure that we are confident that our new features won’t break anything.
We develop for only recent browser versions so we can use the latest and greatest features.
Just to name a few:
· Webpack 4
· HTML 5
Experience & Skills
- 6+ years of experience in professional software development
- A degree (with honours) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Formal OO programming training/experience.
- Experience in modern Web technologies
- Webpack, Node, NPM, ES6 modules, CSS (and/or Less/Sass)
- You know how to build multi-platform, multi-lingual product (desktop, mobile, native mobile)
- Experience working with large codebases
- Good Communication Skills
- We are using HTML5 interfaces so it would be great if you know web-sockets, browser storages and canvas
- AngularJS, React, Pixi.js
- Build and architect JS components/frameworks
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, code and debug core platform components
- Work at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration
- Increase efficiency through automation, workflow streamlining, and system optimization
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
- Provide coaching to other team members
- Collaborate with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard
- Promote high code standards within the team
- Maintain and enhance existing product code
- Active participation in agile scrum process
- Excellent Communication Skills
A bit about the office
Our Holborn offices house the world’s leading developer and licensor of internet bingo products. Our multi-lingual and multi-currency bingo network offers the largest bingo prizes to be found, with peak traffic of over 25,000 concurrent players spread across 100+ skins. Developing bingo and networked gaming solutions for the online and mobile gambling industry, some of the worlds most renowned gaming operators, bookmakers, land-based operators and media companies use bingo solutions including; Mecca Bingo, Gala Coral, Ladbrokes, William Hill, Sky, Bet365, Paddy Power, Buzz Bingo and Sun Bingo.
About the Team
The technical division of our Playtech Bingo office currently comprises of 8 Agile teams, which consist of Java/Scala Server Side developers, Front End developers, QA Engineers and Testers, Automation Testers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, DevOps Engineers and Technical Architects. These teams are supported by infrastructure specialists which consists of Linux Systems Administrators, Site Reliability Engineers, WebLogic Administrators and Database Administrators. We are a dedicated team that attend regular company and industry events, deliver to tight deadlines, but also reap the benefits of our hard work by socialising locally around Holborn, attending meetup groups, playing football/basketball (if interested) on a Friday or taking a trip to the gym.
Playtech is the world’s largest online gaming software supplier traded on the London Stock Exchange, offering cutting-edge, value-added solutions to the industry’s leading operators. Company’s business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Gala, Coral, William Hill, Netplay, Betfred, Mansion, Bet365, etc.
Playtech develops unified software platforms and content for the online and land-based gaming industry, together with providing a range of ancillary services such as marketing, hosting and CRM services. Leading gaming applications include casino, poker, bingo, sports betting, live gaming, casual and fixed odds games.
Behind the eminent success of Playtech’s products and services there are around 5000 employees with offices and development centers in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies.
Follow us on Instagram goo.gl/HF1Ho5
Watch us on YouTube goo.gl/TnZDVK
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act