UK: High Holborn
BetBuddy, part of Playtech Plc (PTEC:LSE), is a RegTech solution provider that has rapidly become the go-to offering that is helping the gaming industry meet stringent consumer protection regulatory requirements. BetBuddy applies state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology that enables operators to automatically assess consumer risk at high volume and velocity.
BetBuddy was recently acquired by Playtech, the world's largest iGaming software supplier, and we are now looking for talented professionals to help us grow our business within the Playtech family, as we develop our solution to its next stage of evolution in the major regulated markets in the world.
We are currently recruiting for a junior data scientist to help develop the next evolution of the BetBuddy models and application. Our solution is a RegTech SaaS application that works in a data-rich environment and uses machine learning models to develop risk assessments of players. It is fast becoming the ‘go-to’ application in the gambling industry.
As a junior data scientist you will be using data cleansing and mining methods to extract and classify gambling data, applying advanced predictive analytics methods to solve complex problems and working with other data scientist and engineers to implement data models and the insights it has provided.
The role will be ideal for a motivated junior data scientist who thrives on responsibility, is a team player, and who wants to grow their career in a growing AI software company. The role also suits a data scientist who wants to work in a start-up-like environment within a leading global enterprise software company. At Playtech and BetBuddy, we place a lot of emphasis on team building and personal development, with regular investment in team events, socials, training, and access to the wider group. This includes an annual Data Science summit and possibilities to collaborate with wider Playtech data science teams outside of BetBuddy.
BetBuddy is a unique technology company, developing a unique product that is placing AI and Big Data at the heart of our consumer protection solution. The company has a very high profile in Playtech and industry and is at the forefront of R&D in the application of AI in gaming.
The role will provide extensive exposure to tech 'mega trends' like AI, Big Data, Cloud, Microservices, and you will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver the next phase in the evolution of our award-winning product. You will have the possibility to expand and deepen your knowledge in quality assurance and automation in a big data application. You will also have an active role in our quality metrics and validation automations. The role will not only be for Quality assurance but also require you to participate in the development of the next version of the BedBuddy application. We promote an active learning culture with regular lunch and learn activities, agile methodologies, and the possibility to do research on new technologies that may be incooperated in to the BetBuddy application. You will also have the possibility to learn from other members in the team since we have a peer-to-peer learning culture and we encourage knowledge sharing inside the team.
- Build data models and analyse large sets of data
- Evaluate new sources of data and extract value from them using data science techniques
- Apply advanced predictive analytics and machine learning algorithms to extensive data sets
- Support the delivery of client work with analytical modelling and those clients who seek to develop predictive analytics in broad range of business functions
- Research into new data and techniques
- Work with time series analysis to extract insights from data
- Communicate ideas effectively to other data scientists in your team and within the business
- Be part of a production-oriented team
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities to apply data science techniques to solve business-critical problems and inform decision making.
Knowledge/Experience with all of the following:
- Minimum of an MSc degree in quantitative field such as Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics
- Minimum one year of commercial experience in handling data and associated resources
- Good level of programming experience in Python, with strong emphasis on Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Seaborn, Bokeh, Plotly
- Good problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using SQL
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Understanding of hypothesis-driven statistics
- Understanding of data and data mining techniques – clean, aggregate and interpret data in preparation for the analysis
- The desire to learn and keep up with the latest technologies to stay ahead of the curve
- Ability to time manage and a hunger to learn within a collaborative team
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing workload
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple areas of responsibility at the same time
- Flexibility i.e., working in a dynamic environment
- Strong team player ‘DNA’.
Here at Playtech, we strive to constantly innovate - adding new applications and functionality to our already impressive product suite. You will find yourself working alongside some of the most talented professionals in the industry, with all of them consistently delivering quality work to ensure our brand remains at the forefront of the gaming industry.
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, PaddyPower, Gala, Coral, Betclic, Winner, Betfair, Poker770, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. For additional information on Playtech, and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit http://www.playtech.com