Reporting to the Director of Casino, as the Casino Business Analyst you will be responsible for creating innovative solutions and contributing towards the continued improvement of the casino product.Project work spans over multi-channel front-end applications (desktop, mobile, retail and tablet platforms) as well as back office tools for configuring and scheduling casino games and managing promotions and financial reporting.
The main purpose of this role is to work closely with product stakeholders to capture requirements and translate these into concepts and functional specifications.The role involves working closely with all areas and levels of the business throughout the product development lifecycle, from conceptual shaping of the requirements through to release; liaising continuously with the design, development and test teams as a key participant in daily project stand-ups.
To be successful for this role you will be required to develop a strong product knowledge.You will need to understand and balance business needs with the practicalities of development and implementation.With this role, you will work on a wide variety of concurrent projects therefore need to be able to self-manage your work-load and time effectively whilst being responsive to changes in business priority.We offer guaranteed exposure to leading-edge technology and exposure to a mix of new product development and enhancements.
The main duties and responsibilities in this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with external and internal customers to capture, analyse, validate and model project requirements and translate these into relevant concepts and specifications.
- Collaborate with the project team across the full SDLC to establish the technical feasibility of the requirements, analyse the trade-offs between product functionality, performance and effort and prioritise requirements.
- Analyse requested business changes and assess impact of those changes for our licensees and partners.
- Create detailed, yet succinct, documentation in appropriate styles (user flows etc) to provide full information to development and testing teams. Acknowledging understanding.
- Translate feedback from technical teams and vice versa, from/to marketing, executive and operators when providing communications between stakeholders.
- Produce wireframes to illustrate desired graphic user interfaces (GUI).
- Develop an expertise of the Playtech Casino offerings, our internal systems and partners.
- Provide training and documentation support for core Casino product.
- Day to day communication with the business – product team members, account management, project management, development and test teams.
- Maintain relationships and communication lines with account managers and external clients.
- Act as product owner for at least one key customer, managing their project backlog, client communications and requirements elicitation.
- Peer-review business analysis documentation.
- Help product manager, Casino Director and relevant stakeholders generate business cases, getting sign off for the budget and revenues that the product delivers, ensuring that a full analysis of the success of any major project
- Experience in product management and business analysis for a Gaming business
- In depth knowledge of the Casino customer and the European customer landscape
- Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum AGILE delivery methods and a good understanding of the Product Owner role
- Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience.
- An understanding of software development an ability to work closely with Technology teams in scheduling functional and non-functional requirements
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination, planning and influencing skills
- Self-driven, and ability to work at high tempo pace in a dynamic organisation
- Strong technical understanding of back end configuration tools and processes
- Familiar with using technology to present, plan and co-ordinate meetings effectively
- Influencing/shaping external processes to align with casino operations
- Analytical, familiar with interpreting data leading to valuable, actionable insights
- Proven ability to push projects to completion
- Great collaborator. No agenda, collaborates effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Passionate about doing the right thing and embedding a data driven approach across the organisation.
- Relentless curiosity, questions the status quo, continually asks “why”/”why not” and persistently digs deep into information sources available to them to find the answers.